“Be strong and vigorous, and very courageous. Be not afraid, neither be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
Family Life is a village of faith specifically created for moms and their children, pointing to nothing less than a fully embraced life of motherhood through reshaped hearts in Christ.
Women of Courage, our outreach ministry, partners with single moms to create a transformational and supportive community where families grow spiritually, develop skills, and achieve goals.
Women of Courage has partnered with single moms for more than 20 years to create community among similarly situated women to:
- Fight isolation
- Nurture a relationship with Jesus Christ
- Spur spiritual growth
- Encourage one another in facing single parent challenges
Women of Courage offers:
- Monthly community meetings offering fellowship, scriptural truth, and relevant teaching
- One-on-one mentoring for setting goals, maintaining accountability, and spiritual growth
- Crisis assistance referrals for moms and kids
- Opportunities to celebrate milestones and successes of each mom
- A Children's Ministry to serve the Women of Courage children through scriptural teaching, fun activities, and friendship
- Mission Twenty-Nine, an entrepreneurial incubator for single moms
Candidates for Women of Courage are single moms living in El Paso County who are facing financial insecurity.
To learn more or to apply to be a Woman of Courage, please contact Nikki, Women of Courage Program Director, here.
What our moms say about Women of Courage:
“We are a family! Through this ministry, our spiritual needs are met. We are given tools to be successful. … We are equipped to meet each day with courage!” ~Amanda
“We are taught that we are not alone.…we are encouraged to support one another, to give as well as to receive.” ~Heather
“Raising a child alone can be overwhelming. The monthly meetings are like an oasis to me in this mountainous desert of child-rearing. … Sharing this with other moms re-energizes me, gives me hope, and reminds me of all God’s miracles.” ~Carolyn