Designed to nurture a spirit of hope and healing, Family Life Services and its outreach ministry, Women of Courage, work to equip single moms and their children with life skills and spiritual healing.
Family Life Services Ministry staff provides the following services to female head of household families living on site through apartments managed for us by Greccio Housing:
- a community of like-minded moms and children
- secure play areas for children
- voluntary one-to-one mentoring
- optional support groups
- counseling for individuals, families and children offered on a sliding scale rate
- networking assistance and referrals
- life skills classes
- child and youth summer camps and mentoring opportunities
- participation in our monthly Women of Courage meeting
Bible Study mentoring is a optional, relational experience that strengthens and encourages each single mom in her understanding of faith and values as based on God’s Word. This weekly one-on-one time with a spiritually-mature volunteer mentor helps residents gain insight important to developing goals and overcoming obstacles.
Homemaker mentoring is a valuable opportunity for moms to develop their domestic skills. These monthly gatherings include sharing techniques and tips on topics ranging from sewing, cooking, scrapbooking—or anything that our moms express as an interest in to help them create a warm and loving home for their families.
Children’s mentoring provides each child with a caring adult they can relate to outside of immediate family. By regularly spending time engaged in games, activities and outings, the volunteers and children develop a personal bond that helps our resident kids to experience new levels of trust, confidence and value.
To apply for the resident program, you can go directly to Greccio Housing to apply online.
For more information about FLS programs, please contact Family Life Services at (719) 632–4661. You may also contact us here.
Women of Courage Outreach Program
Outreach program benefits include:
- Monthly meetings to build life skills, develop spiritual growth and share with others in similar life situations
- Mentoring relationships designed to assist in budgeting, parenting and relationships
- Personal goal-setting and accountability
- Networking with outside service providers
If you are a working, low-income single mom living alone while caring for dependents, you may be eligible for Women of Courage. Our outreach programs are a good fit for mothers who are employed or attending school, and willing to set personal and family goals for their children.
To apply for the Women of Courage Program:
Contact Women of Courage
1880 S. Cascade Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80905